Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I’m scared to call it quits

I’ve been married 7 years we have a two year old. But our relationship completely changed after our little ones birth. doesnt feel like there is any love there. He’s told me on four different occasions he wants a divorce the first time two weeks after giving birth. and some how blames everything on me and the conversation always ends with me apologising even though I know I shouldnt be. He moved me away from my family the only support I have. Slowly drove my friends away. 

Now yes I’m an intelligent girl I know this isn’t right but I’m scared. 

Im scrared of my parents saying you choose him your problem

I’m scared of getting a divorce and him having access to our little one. Seeing how he only pays attention when there’s someone around to show off to  

Im scared if I would be able to do this by myself. I’ve been made to feel so stupid and worthless. 

Im scared to trust anyone to talk to about anything. I trusted in a ex friend once and she tried to use everything I told her to humiliate me. 

Im just feeling So lost. 

Replies

• Well! That's the really concern post.

• Hi there. I am so sorry to what you are currently undergoing. However, I wish you were more detailed. Has all these problems started after the child birth? I understand that there is a rift after a baby comes in. Mostly this is due to attention that has been moved to the new born. Now that you are not so close to your family, this seems difficult. You can try to get a person that can hear you out. It is not a must to be a family member or a friend. You can go to see a marriage counsellor. But prior to that you must have a discussion with him first. Try the best you can to solve your marriage. If you feel there is nothing that can be done extra save your kid. Right now your child must be your number one priority. Kindly do all you can and reach us back if you need any more help. we will be here to listen to how far you have achieved. All the best.

• Well, he pretty much gave you the way out. He wants a divorce? Fine, give it to him. Let him explain himself to your child one day why he did that, breaking the family up. He wants to leave, fine too. Take the house or apartment you have and let him have his freedom. It is an obvious example of fear of responsibility. He is looking for a way out to run away because he is scared to provide for his family. Obviously he is two face coward who doesn´t deserve you. Being a single mom is not bad or a stigma. You are entitled to love and you will find someone who will cherish you and your child.