Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Are we ready to start our family?

Hey guys!

Just want to say I am new to this forum :) so hey haha

So my partner and i have been together for  around 2 half years now and its gone by so fast and are madly in love. Both of our families get on really well. We have been on holidays etc and enjoyed a lot together. We have rented for around a year and a half together and just bought our first home and more than likely will be our family home now. Its perfect and could never be more happy! We have a dog but soon will like to extend our family in the future.

I am 23, 24 very soon and partner is 32. We both have good wages with full time jobs however he is on a lot more than me and we do live comfortably as we support eachother. At the moment we are doing the house up for the future etc.

I am currently on the mini pill and have been on this for many years (noriday). I have around 6 months worth of tablets left but we are thinking of trying once these are up!

What do you guys think? Do you think we would be sensible to start trying late next year? Both of us are mentally and stable ready. I have been to university and partner has a good solid job. Just wondered what your thoughts were thats all

Thanks!