Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant and unhappy with my partner

Hey mums 

wanted to reach out for some feed back. Or really just to say it out! I’m 21 weeks pregnant with my second child and have been with my partner for 18mnths, we knew each other and always got on great for years before.. I am so not happy anymore... I love him I really do - theres Just so many issues building up and eating me up- Really believed he’s my soul mate and we will b together for life! Well at least know that we would never give up on each other——-

he wont come near me sexually , i Get a peck on the cheek every other day , I feel like he just thinks I’m discusting! I tried to tell him it hurts me and how I’m 34 and NEED all that- intimacy, touching, kissing(like kiss me like u want me) - make me feel wanted! the odd occasion in the past few times we have had sex Iv just felt akward! No foreplay just think He wanted it over with tbh! Then tells me he had a couple of orgasms to himself in the shower ! I can understand that if I’m not wanting sex bit to deny me and then say that! How’s hurtful I don’t think Iv ever been so confused or felt so under confident. I used to try and initiate sex- not all the time so I was a pest but just a woman trying to b close to her man- he would reject me or pretend to b asleep!! I really think it’s at a point of no return! 

Bare with me mums let me get this out lol... 

we went from him not being able to keep away from me to this! We r supposed to b getting married and I just know it’s not what I want! He would honestly go into a marraige like this! All I wanted was for us to b together and never give up on each other and now I feel so hurt and guilty like I can’t do that to him! 

21 weeks pregnant, 34 yrs old with an 11 yr old daughter(raised her myself) I kno I can do it again! How do I go my own way and not hurt him! He has nowhere to go! I can’t see a way round it! I think we r back to being friends rather than partners ! I am hurting every day but really can’t hurt him! 

Thats like one wee issue there’s tonnes of them- anyone else felt or feel the same? I could understand if wed been together about 10 yrs but 18mnths? One things for sure I’m not willing to go on like this... Somethings not right xxxx

Replies

• Options

Hello

Sorry to hear abot this.

Just a quick one it isn't because you're pregnant is it? I know my partner didn't want to have sex with me when I was pregnant due to him thinking he will hurt the baby?

I'm not sure some men really don't like the thought.

Have you spoken to him about it?

Once I had my baby our sex life came back to normal straight away as it was before I fell pregnant.