Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So confused!

Hi all, looking for thoughts & advice, and wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation. 

To try and cut a very long story short, myself and my husband have been together for over 10 years, married for 6, we have a 4 year old daughter and I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant. Things have been rocky between us off & on for the last 3 years, and eventually in December last year, when I was 9 weeks, we started a trial separation and marriage counselling. During this time, myself and our daughter lived full-time with my parents and he stayed on in our house. 

We tried to come back together in April, but I felt that nothing had changed - he was still devoting all his time and energy to his business, leaving everything around the house to me, and maintaining a friendship with a girl through his work, that I've always felt crosses the line into emotional cheating, though he is always adamant that this isn't the case, and there's certainly been nothing physical between them. 

He has fairly recently moved back to his parents, and I'm in our house with our daughter, and working full time. He comes back to our house quite a lot, sometimes unexpectedly, which I don't always feel is a good thing for me or our little girl. He claims to ultimately want us to work, but says "we" can't seem to make it so at the moment, but maybe when the baby is here "we" will realise we've been being silly and things will somehow resolve themselves. 

All of this is playing with my emotions, and at times I feel ok and at others, like today, I feel like I'm really struggling with all of this. It is now, when I'm physically and mentally exhausted, that I need him to shape up and be around, not just when the baby is physically here. I am growing evermore resentful, and I did try and say we should just call it a day now rather than drag this out, but he took me finding that decision hard, as me taking it back and then continued as we were. He stays at the house two nights a week to give him a break from being at home, and I ship out to my mums again, but I'm so fed up with all that. 

Am I being unreasonable being so unhappy with this half-in & half-out limbo we're in? Should I push for a decision now, and risk it being that we split up? Sometimes I wonder what it is that I'm trying to save, and I don't know how much my pregnancy is clouding my judgement.....