Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant for the first time and alone 🙄

Hello

I am 10 weeks. 

I was only with my partner for two months before finding out I was pregnant. It wasn't planned but my reaction to finding out was that I was happy and when I told my boyfriend he was very happy too. 

There wasn't really a question if I would keep the baby I knew I would but the way the relationship is going with the father is holding me back from being able to plan anything or be that happy about the future. 

I am so tired all the time and have been getting really really bad headaches. My boyfriend is good at calling me but has a wierd schedule and thinks nothing of coming over past 10pm in the evening. I've told him I need proper sleep and that I want to do actual things with him rather then him just sleeping here but he keeps doing the same behaviour. Today he said he would meet me but then didn't because he was too busy. 

I explained to him that because we haven't told people about the pregnancy yet that I feel really isolated and that I want someone to just have dinner with me etc. He told me he is busy which I know isn't really true he is self employed and so am I so if he wanted to he can work when he wants. 

My home town is quite far away and I am thinking to go back there for a little while but then I also don't know if that is even fair to leave him here. 

I can't believe I'm in this situation I feel like such an idiot for doing this with someone I barely know and now look how it turned out. 

Replies

• Your not an idiot, your human and these things happen. Im in my 3rd trimester but i found the first 12 weeks hard, it can be so tiring as you body is changing , and your hormones are all over the place.You have to do whats best for you, you have a little bubba to look after now so if going home helps you do it. My midwife says happy momma equals a happy baby. Make sure you are open with your partner and tell him how you feel, it can be an overwhelming expereince and you need support. Good luck

• Thank you for your reply. I think I am going to go home Friday to see my friend as she is the only one who knows. I'm just a little worried because I've realized he is a bit childish so Its unpredictable what his reaction will be and weather he can see the logic in me going home. 

I hope everything is going well for you now ♥️😘

• Much better thanks im just scared now its comming closer to the end 😣

Aww bless ya, its a hard but at least you have your friend for support. Just be tough babe and do whats right for you and your bubba 😙