Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How do I confront him?

We've been together 7 years, have a mortgage and a 2 1/2 year old son. 

Last August I saw a girls name on partners phone pop up, he denied it immediately - after finally gettinf the truth out of him, turned out to be an old friend of mine hes been having an emotional affair with. We are trying to make it work.

Last January ('17) he allegedly had a lads night out in a City, I didn't believe him due to the way he was, I know when he's lieing. He's maintained everytime I've asked that he went to that city, and not offered any more information. 

I went full blown stalker a few days ago, I turned on his old mobile and went onto googlemaps (we discovered it's tracked both our locations for years) I went back to the 'city break' date and turns out he was in the countryside at a posh little b&b. It's pretty accurate, ive checked other dates too.

I know he messages other girls, he says its all innocent. 

How do I confront him, I need the truth, it's driving me bonkers. I was going to do it the last 2 nights but bottled it. I need it to be once the little one is in bed.

Replies

• Options

I'd literally start the convocation by saying I didn't know *insert b and b name* was in the city... You could go more stalker lol and ring the b and b and ask who checked in? They might have a log book... The fact that he's talking to other girls a lot isn't OK.. Unless they are known long time friends then that's OK, but if these are just random girls that he's talking to then that's totally not fine, ask him why he's talking to other women and not you, tell him you think he's cheating, and he's not being truthful, I sound like a total mental case here but can you access his current phone? If it's finger print you could open it while he's asleep? Or just catch him off guard and say you want to see who's talking to.. If it's nothing he should hand over his phone... To prove to you there's nothing going on.. Obviously it's not like your being controlling and wanting to go through his phone.. You are trying to get to the bottom of what he's doing x

• Options

I did confront him last night. He denyed it.

Confronted him again this morning. Admitted he did go to meet someone. Bottled out last minute and told her not to go. She paid for the hotel room!? He won't tell me who she is.

If he can't tell me the truth, I just do not know what to do. I NEED to know who she is, otherwise I will fprever wonder.

We won't get over this if he doesn't tell the truth.

• Options

Oh hun i'm sorry :( do you think he could still be lieing that she didn't come?.. Is there anywhere you could take your self and son for the night... Say if there's no honesty and no truth there's no relationship.. Walk out, maybe he will see that his actions are serious and you won't stand for it... See how he likes life without you for a bit maybe he needs shock tactics... You can't go on like that :(