Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Criminal in-laws!!!

Hi everyone, 

The reason I've joined is because I'm in a bit of a dilemma:

My husband's brother is due to come out of prison in a few months and I'm worried for my baby girl. I really don't want to be involve with my brother in law and his wife (don't get me wrong she's lovely). I know that when he's out that my husband will want to be in frequent contact not because he's close but because of family influence. My husband and his brother were never close before because his brother has been in and out of prison. It does surprise me that now he wants to get close with him and I do feel that this is because other family members call him while his at work and make his brother seem innocent when everyone knows that he is not. 

My OH in the past year or so has been more friendly with his wife and wants to be more involved as they also have a baby. 

I'm worried for the future of my baby and don't know what to do or say because I don't want to offend anyone. Please help!!!

P.S drugs are involved!