Forum home› Family life & relationships› Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Partner wants an abortion 😢

Hi all I’m new to this! So I’m 6 weeks pregnant and weve had an Early scan to confirm everything is okay! 

Mad soon as we left the hospital my partner is demanding an abortion bearing in mind this time last year i was pregnant he asked me to get one but I ended up having a misscarriage! He promised if we got pregnant again he would be there to support me :( i understand certain points of why it isn’t a good time but when is it ever a good time I already have a 3 year old nearly 4! I want this baby so much but I feel if I keep this or get rid ( which I really don’t want too) that we will end up splitting up he’s the love of my life and hes meant to love me but he’s really hurting me asking me to have an abortion when I really don’t feel comfortable doing that! I’m so happy and really want this baby but is it unfair to keep it my Partner has shut me off and just turns it around on me saying I’m selfish etc I really can’t take anymore stress I feel so down and lonely 😭😭😭💔 sorry if I’m going on too much 😔

Replies

• You can’t let anyone pressure you into making a decision either way on this one hun... if you do something that you don’t feel comfortable with then that will be hard to deal with emotionally for a very long time. If your boyfriend is so dead set on not wanting a child then he should’ve taken precautions himself to ensure that that didn’t happen (ie wear a condom every time)... he is as much a part of the baby making process as you and needs to grow up and take responsonilty for what has happened. There are consequences to his inaction which are just as much his doing as yours. 

You need to do what feels right for you... it that means keeping the baby then that’s what you need to do... I would never regret keeping a baby even if it meant losing a partner, but losing a baby to keep a partner feels like something you could come to regret if your heart is not in it

• Thankyou and i agree with you if I did what he wanted me to I could never speak to him again I know I would regret it for the rest of my life this is all I’ve ever wanted I just wish he would be there for me! He does need to grow up massively he’s 30 I’m only 27 we’ve been together 9 years I just don’t think he can take responsibility It’s always his way or no way but this isn’t just about him I wish he would realise how hard it is for a girl emotionally and physically asking to do something like that 😔