Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Worried about my sister

hi everyone just looking to see what you think because I feel like I’m going to end up falling out with my only sister. 

Years ago she moved in with her friend who split from her husband and she had 2 small children. My sister felt sorry for her so moved in to help with the kids. And 20 years on my sister is still living with this woman, they have never admitted they are a couple which wouldnt bother me of they are but what does bother me is that they spend every minute of every day together. They live together, sleep in the same bed, work together, do the food shop together,  the dog together etc. 

Our parents are getting old and my sister spends no time with them whatsoever maybe 5 minutes of a Saturday and 10 minutes of a Sunday and thats it, she doesn’t drive so she gets her friemd to drive her, they only live 5 minutes away so it’s not a long drive. 

I have 2 small children and My sister is god mother to one of them and she hardly makes any effort with her maybe half an hour an odd Saturday. 

But recently things have gotten worse my sister is being very moody with me and gave out to our Mam the other day as our Mam asked would she do a little favour for her and my sister said she can’t be asking her friend to be driving all around the country but it was only a few minutes away from them. 

My husband is working away this week and she is off work but she hasn’t offered once to call to see us or ask if we needed anything from a shop as it’s hard sometimes  to get out and about with 2 small kids and all she is doing is hanging around the house in her pyjamas but her friend has booked this week off too. I told my sister yesterday that I’m wrecked and she said really smart how are you tired? i said because the kids are not sleeping and hunby is away. i was up all last night with one of my kids as she was sick and I needed help with the baby so I text my sister and said think Sally is coming down with something and its going to be a tough night as baby will  be waking too and all I got back to was u will be ok so she wouldn’t offer to help me out just this once eventhough she is off work. 

All she wants is to be with her friend/partner 24/7 and not spend anytime with her family and it’s real getting to me and i dont know how to approach her about it as she is very moody and we would end up falling out and i know it would upset our parents if that happened