Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to be everything for everyone....

Hello ladies

Please understand this is hard for me to be writing about so please no nasty replies. 

I am a loving, devoted, 31yr old mum of 3 and am married. I love my family so much and only want to please them by being all they want and need but at the end of everyday i cry, alone, so nobody knows. I dont get much time with my hubby who is 49 as he works a hard laborous job and is not home much, if he is home hes generally sleeping. I spend all my time and energy trying to make him and the kids happy and try to cater to their every desire. I have lost my hair and libido, i dont feel worthy of my family and cannot satisfy my husbands private needs, no matter how much time or effort i put in. Ive lost all confidence in myself but try still to make them happy but its not enough to them, my kids ignore me, my husband sometimes acts like i annoy him, he barely touches me and if he does its generally after i ask or push him to and honestly i feel like a slave to all of them. Multitasking is just how i spend every minute of the day. I know you may read this and think im wanting attention and belittling my family but that's not the case, im wondering if there maybe someone else out there who understands, maybe has advice apart from the words that roll around my mind daily: im not enough, im old, im disgusting, useless, unworthy or youre doing what every mum does and though it seems they dont care they do, they will see your side one day or why try?? Am i being too sensitive and selfish or am i feeling this way because there's no other way to feel.

I don't ask hubby to do any cleaning, dont generally ask for help with the kids, cooking etc, he does things from time to time though as he works hard, not so much lately but used to. My eldest helps a bit but needs study time. My youngest refuse to do anything.

Please help, I need advice x