Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Falling out of love

I need some advice/guidance.

I have been a mommy for 19 months now. When our first LB came along it was tough, but we muddled through and worked together as a team.. We had our rows but who doesn't everything seemed as it should be when your adapting to a new little human plus wed only just moved in 2 weeks before he arrived.

Anyway now we have our second LB who is only 6 weeks old buta since he's come along I feel my partner has been more useless than ever. He literally goes to work, comes home, shows no interest in either boys, wants his tea cooked and clothes washed and then sorts himself out for bed. Leaving me to put both boys down to bed, sort teas and baths and whatever other dramas have been going on. 

I don't know what I'm meant to do, we seem to be rowing every day which I hate for the children to see and hear! We don't even have conversations anymore. By the time I'm getting into bed he's already asleep! I can feel myself falling out of love with him because of the lack of support I'm receiving. & yes I've tried telling to him but he just says that I wanted the kids so I can look after them! 😑& he works so he's tired and needs to rest else we won't have any money. That's his excuse! 

Replies

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• I would try counselling, relationships fall apart slowly and it make us miserable. If you love him, definitely fight for him and your family. Try using I statements when you talk to him about how you feel. Try to be understanding and appreciative of what he does do and make a check list of everything you do in a day, let him read it and see it instead of fighting when he gets mad. Try and talk without anger or it will just get worse and it's not good for the kids. Understand that each others days are tiring and try to find time to spend one hour a day together to try and remember why you love one another and never go to bed fighting, drop everything at the door and just hold one another, I know it can be a hard thing to do but the best thing to do to keep close to one another emotionally. Instead of complaining at him, ask if he will give the kids baths and read them bedtime stories while you clean up the kitchen from dinner. Giving him a chance to bond with the kids and kindly reminding him that you make him and the whole family wonderful dinners. If none of this works, I advise to look up Partnership videos. A lot of people seem to forget that it's a partnership and to do their part and to appreciate one another.