Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Partner and I having conflicts over the children. I don't feel our children are treated fairly

Me and my partner have been together for 5 years it has always been a little rocky as we have other children to our previous marriages. Since weve Had our baby who’s now 2 1/2 he’s changed and has only had time of day for his older children who’s 16 and 18 . He drives them all over takes Him to work everyday picks him up and spends all weekend with him as he plays football so our Sunday is booked up . He never had time of day for me and our baby and never takes us anywhere. Since last 2 weeks his 16 year old has got the job he gets 400 pound a month plus he gives him his child benefits in his hand 80 pound and then gives him money for his 1 day a week to college . He doesn’t take any money off him but throws it at him . In the meantime my son who is 18 and his son who is 18 has to pay him board of 120 a month . I don’t feel he’s treating us fair ? Thankyou 

Replies

• Hi, have you told him how u feel and asked him. If he could try to divide his time more for you and your children maybe he doesn't realise he is doing it. I have never been in your situation but seen others in it and I think it's hard when there are children from previous relationships but he has to try and find a balance between the 2 

• Hi, yes I have . I’m constantly telling him but he had rather do everything with them than with me. He has never sat and spoke to them about us having adult time at all. All he does is side for them and belittle me infront of them when they’re in the wrong with something . He throws money at them but then never got any money got us to go out places