Forum home› Family life & relationships› Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help! 😩😩😩Pregnant with my first, and partner has just found out he has another child

I’m 24+4 weeks pregnant with my first!

But

my partner while in uni (years ago before I knew him) got a girl pregnant, she apparently messed around a bit so he was unclear if he was the biological dad or not.. today he got the results that he is.... naturally I’m not happy, I wanted this to be our first baby! I’m really upset/ annoyed/ angry etc... (more emotional due to being pregnan) He hasn’t tried to talk to me (knowing how upset I am) I just don’t know what to do! I feel so alone, I have nobody to talk to, I don’t want to talk to him right now as he’s annoyed me even more by not talking to me! I know this may be petty, but it’s just really hard to deal with and get my head around. 

P.s 

Hes not seen this child, or want too

Replies

• Newmum what is done is done and if the child is his then he has a responsibility to it, just imagine down the line how u would want him to treat ur child if heaven forbid things didn't work out between u..... hormones wont be helping how u feel and ur entitled to me angry nobody can blame u for that.. but he is just a man and I don't think they have the 1st clue how us women feel so try not to take it personally he may think it's better not dragging it up???

You really need to talk to him and see what his intentions are ? He may or may not want to be involved with the child but either way has an obligation to financially provide. If he hasn't been involved before, your child albeit not his 1st technically will be a whole new experience for both of u so that hasn't been lost.

Don't let this come between u, its u he has chosen to have a life and start a family with... hope things get easier for u once the dust has settled x