Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

CONFUSED??

Hey ladies sorry it’s really long frowning so I’m a single mum and haven’t really dated since having my lo who’s now 10 months old so it’s all bit new again. But a couple months ago I started seeing this guy more of a fwb relationship I suppose but I’m starting to get very confused, he tells me he doesn’t want a relationship but we talk for hours on the phone everyday see each other all the time more than a few times a week… We went out and had a few drinks the other night and he said to me that he Really likes me but the reason he doesn’t want to be with me is because I have a child but when I asked him about it the next day he said he didn’t remember, it was just the alcohol and he doesn’t mean it, he doesn’t want a relationship atall. All his behaviours are very confusing, he’ll turn round and say oh I don’t want to string along maybe we should stop talking but then an hour later he’s calling me up wanting to meet or talk again? It seems he gets A little jealous and protective aswell gosh I don’t know if I’m just being strung along I have caught feelings but I’m also not sure if I want a relationship either so Idk what to do

Replies

• To be honest it sounds like he wants all the good things about a relationship but does not want any of the responsibility. He probably does like you but in he is obviously keeping his options open. 

If you enjoy seeing him and enjoy your relationship for what it is then that is fine. If you are ok without a title and not looking for more than just enjoy it. Maybe in the future he will commit maybe not. But be aware with no commitment he could well be seeing other people or could meet someone he does want to commit to which is not you.

it sounds like he is giving you just enough hope to stay involved. If you really are looking for a secure relationship then walk away or you will get hurt. I dont think its because you have a child that he is how he is more that he can. 

In my experience I have had fwb relationships and they work out fine if you are both open to the fact there are no commitments. Sometimes they have worked out but alot of times they dont and thats ok if you are happy and enjoying life. But if you are feeling hurt or sad or really wanting commitment than you are better to walk away. You are stopping yourself meeting someone new who will want to commit and you are opening yourself up to heartache. If you really want commitment I would talk to him and say fwb is not for you. You like him and like spending time with him but you want commitment and if thats not what he is looking for than you want to move on. Be prepared to move on too. Please dont think he will commit by giving him an ultimatum but at least you will be clear where you stand.

as I said if you are ok with things then dont worry, just enjoy it!