Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Found my CHEATING husband on illicitencounters

I'm  distraught, I've discovered my husband of 12 years has been cheating on me online on a married dating site, I didn't even realise the sorts of places existed - I'm absolutly horrified.

He's been acting strangely for the last few months, spending a lot of the time on his phone, being a little snappy, and then other times hes been extra nice - now I'm realising it may have been guilt. I don't know the extent of it all, I found the webpage as one of his favourites on his laptop and confronted him - he said he's never actually met anyone or spoken to anyone on there - he was only looking while bored at home furloughed.

How can I check/tell if he has been speaking to other women? How am I supposed to believe he hasn't seen anyone on there? Aren't these websites predominantly for sex?

Please let me know if anyone has been in this kind of situation before, any advice would be truly helpful at this time...

Replies

• Oh my goodness, this is horrifying sorry to hear this has happened to you?

I think you need to pay to use these kind of websites, is there anyway you can find out if he's paid. 

I think you need to have an honest discussion and get everything out in the open before you make your next decision. xx let us know how it's gone. sending you love
  • Can you access his browser history? Check the website via his laptop to see if an auto sign in appears? 

• I can't access anything now, he's taken the laptop and gone to stay at his parents holiday home at the moment as he said 'he needs some space', he NEEDS SOME SPACE. I am fuming. Honestly at a loss with what to do right now. I've tried to register on the site and it seems it's free for women, and men pay in the regions of £200! I don't know what to do right now..