Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I’m so embarrassed by my size

I have struggled with weight all of my life. Last year I was in a car accident then covid struck. I was home shielding on medication I’ve put on worthy. Ive gone from a size 16 to a 24.
 I’m so frustrated. My husband doesn’t find me attractive, it’s not just Sex that’s fine out of the window it’s the cuddled and emotion. The “joke” dogs he makes at me aren’t funny. 
when we go out (eg supermarket)!I tend to walk behind him or at a distance I’m so ashamed of my size that i don’t want to embarrass him or anyone to know I’m with him. I avoid people completely. 

Ive got an anxiety eating away at me, I’m so sad and I’m lost. I don’t know how to get out of the loop. I don’t look in the mirror because if I do I want to just Stan myself in the fat. I want to cut off my ugly boobs. Slice away the tyre. I want to punch my ugly chubby round face. My damaged knees now have arthritis I want to hit them with a hammer, to curb the pain and let me have my fitness back. 
I want to curl up at night and pray that life does everyone a favour and I don’t wake up. 
Society is cruel and the medical system has no understanding how what depression and anxiety is. 

I don’t have any family ....
For the first time ever I’m alone...

where has that outgoing friendly confident person gone? Why me? Why is life so cruel. 

Replies

• I'm so sorry you have to go through all that and feel completely alone. Writing in a forum might be the first step and I'm glad you're reaching out. Please get professional help to help you go through it all. I know, society isn't where it could be regarding depression, but they're learning. Speak to a doctor and let them help you. You're not alone!
  • I can understand why you are feeling so low. I am sure that your partner is not at all ashamed. It would be worth you talking to your gp they may be able to help. Some councils offer free gym memberships if hou are over weight. Not running at the moment but may do once gyms are back open.

try downloading a free app to track your eating, logging it may help you cut down. There are loads of free work out videos on you tube too.

it may be worth soeaking to a councillor. We have a few charities locally that help with councillong so it is worth looking into. Talking through things may help.

what you need to decide is what is right for you. Do you want to loose weight or do you want to be happy with yourself. If you want to loose weight then start out small - pick one day a week wehere you dont eat treats and stick to 3 meals a day or aim to go for a walk. Even trying couch to 5km could help

if you want ro be happy with who you are, invest in some nice fitting clothes and work on what things you are happy about.

i hope this helps