Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sharing a room!!

Hi all, need some advice please!!

A week ago, i moved Tara into Niamhs room. The first few nights were fine, but sometimes Tara still wakes if she loses her dummy and needs to be settled, but a few times shes woken Niamh up. Well, shes got a cold now and so wakes up only a few hours after being in bed, and has been hard to settle, so we've had her in with us for the past few nights. Also,we've been putting tara to bed and letting her settle before Niamh goes up which is working well. But, has anyone experienced the same prob with the waking up? obviously, when she was in our room, i could just turn over and put my hand through the bars to settle her, but i just cant leave her in Niamhs room as she wakens her.

Arrgghh, sorry for the essay guys!!

kas xx

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to hear that Kas
    Im affraid i can't offer much advice as i only have Jessica!

When Jessica went into her own room she used to wake all the time because she could not find her dummy, so when i went up to bed i used to put loads of them around her head and she would always find one of them and settle down again.

Sorry for the ramble and couldn't be more help xx
  • Options
    Thanks Simone, ill try that i think. i think with the cold, shes struggling to keep the dummy in her mouth aswell!!

thanks again though, will keep you posted
    hope you are both well
    kas xx
  • Options
    Hope it works Kas,

We are all fine thanks xx
  • Options
    Sorry Kas, not got any advice!! The dummy idea is good though, so that she doesn't need you to find one for her.

Bronwyn doesn't have a dummy! She has a variety of comfort blankets which i have to go in and remove once she is asleep as I worry about her putting them tightly over her face and not being able to breath! I have no idea how but she always manages to find another!!
  • Options
    Hi Kas,

It may just be a case of Niamh getting used to the new situation. As you know Jack and Charl recentley shared a room while we decorated and Jack would sleep through Charlotte's crying, I think he got that used to hearing her he'd just ignore it. You may just need time for them to get used to each other.

I hope things improve for you.

Take care. xx
  • Options
    Hi Kas,
    We are going to be in the same situation this week, We are putting Luka and Tate into the same room and Luka has a habit of early waking, where he chats and sometimes has a little grizzle but then goes off. Sometimes he's awake for about an hour though. Im sure he will wake Tate if he does this, and I don't want to be up with both boys at 5am!! Let me know how your two are doing?? I guess it is just her cold maybe as its hard to have the dummy in and breathe at the same time bless her when she's all blocked up. Let me know!
    Nicola x
  • Options
    Hi Kas
    Just wanted to know how it went last night!
  • Options
    Hi Kas

I no how that felt as chan and riley had to share a room and i got about 5hr broken sleep every night.
    Simone gave me the same info to put loads of dummys around her.I think chan liked the fact that id go in as she would just pop them through the bars on the wall side so i couldnt get them till next morning.
    Good luck and hope you find something to help you.