Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

teenage tantrums to deal with and pregnancy??????

Hiya

Some (but not all) will have older kids. If like me you had them young you will be dealing with teenagers??/

I have daughter 16 and son 14, they are pretty good kids but its the running around and mates in and out of house I find hard to deal with. My son Chris is also dyslexic and ADHD. He is on lots of medication as Asthmatic too and its keeping it all to hand so he remembers to take but also out the way of my 3 and 2 yr olds.

i am soo tired on afternoon but they come in from school like a whirlwind and through bags around and then raid the kitchen and then they need runs to drumming, sailing, riding, footie etc etc... I am like a bloody taxi driver.

Also :evil:this makes my blood boil.....I make a meal and they all eat at different times. Young ones early, me and Oh bit later and teenagers whenever they feel like it.

Sorry to rant off but I could scream...........

i was admitted to hosp yest for obs as i had nasty pains in side :cry: I got in last night and did anyone ask if i wanted a cuppa or if there was anything they could do for me?????NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant well and truley over
PS..love them all to bits really

Replies

• Options
    I know how you feel...though luckily am not quite so much of a taxi driver...though on Monday after appt with consultant ande more tests etc I went to pick up 8yr and 12yr old from friends house...8yr was staying there as it was youth club & 12 yr old wanted to go, but wanted to come home and change and then get dropped back...normally not a problem, but I was knackered and hungry and it meant that I had to deal with the 3 dogs on my own...plus as much as I love my land rover discovery I am not particularly tall and so have to have the seat so far forward that bump is dangerously close to wheel and it isn't as easy as jumping in a car and off you go...it takes me ages and a few hops to even get in the bloody thing - I must look a sight.
    Then the 'boy band' turned up for a meeting with my hubby and took over the kitchen and I swear ate their way through 18 packets of crisps...meanwhile I am starving and cannot even get into my own kitchen to make me, the pregnant one, food...then hubby gets in a strop that I haven't eaten...the house is complete and utter madness! Then the lead singer gives me a hug and a kiss and tells me he is coming to stay this weekend with his girlfriend..AAGGGHHHHHH...if I am being induced next week, then the last thing I need is this...but because we are older mums, we just take it all in our stride and get on with it...

Oh it feels good to have a rant doesn't it! I love my kids and my gorgeous husband and I love the boy band (retirement fund hopefully!) and I cannot wait to meet my new little baby...xx

• Options
    am totally confused about boy band??? is it your OH business or your sons??? confused??? Mind you everything confuses me these days.
    I have to taxi our kids as we live in Bahrain in the Middle East and buses just dont exist! Taxi drivers are too fast and have no seatbelts so the only option when the weather is in the high 40's is to drive them. It is cooling now to low 30's so they can start biking around but if its over a high way I have to drive them. A lot of expats here have drivers but thats a lot of money and I am not sure I want some stranger driving my car and kids around. may do it for few months when have baby.
    Any news on your induction???? I not due till March. i had to go in for emergency on Tues but only in 12 hours for obs. No idea what was wrong in the end. Think baby on a nerve or something but I coulc barely walk nor get my breath.They tested for appendix, gall stones, kidney stones, blocked bowel etc... all fine. Mystery. Told me this one a big baby (my last 9lb 4oz) they will induce me 2 weeks early though to prevent a too quick labour (last one 2 hours) which could result in a delivery at home! They dont want this as I had PPH after delivery!
    anyway keep in touch and will I know this boy band or have they not cracked the charts as yet???
    d xxx
  • Options
    I only have one teenager (plus 2 step children) and I don't feel quite as bad now.... have to do running around but not in the heat and I don't have to use hubbys range rover (cant get into it anymore cos of my SPD) .. so altho I'm taken for granted quite a bit of the time - its prob not that bad......Gd luck to you both - we need to get them all on our side don't we?!! x
  • Options
    Hiya

It is trying isnt it???

Worst time is when I put my 2 and 3 year old to bed my 14 and 16 come into tv room and want to chat which is lovely but my head is done in by then and I end up in bed feeling guilty for not talking to them properly! Think when you have more than a couple of kids guilt is something you just live with!
    Last night we took little ones to halloween party. my 16 year old was helping out as 200 kids going. My 14 yr old son had party to go to but as we were busy i booked taxi (hate doing that but used reputable driver) and went on our merry way. On way home checked phone and had 10 missed calls from him. I rang him and taxi had not come for him so he missed party. When we got in he was sat there all costumed up and looking very glum. I felt SO bad!!!!!!!!!! He was very good about it but that made me feel so much worse!!!

Know what you mean about car. OH has pajero (think its a shogun at home????) and I cant climb into it. I 5ft 6 so not small but its just so bloody high. I have toyota previa and it has electric sliding doors and electric opening boot so its so easy to use with big family as it has 7 seats too. Cars are cheaper here and petrol is 14p a litre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now you really hate me:lol:

d xx
    ps are you all finding aches and pains so much more than when you had your other ones when you were younger???? I feel so sore and unfit this time round!
  • Options
    ps are you all finding aches and pains so much more than when you had your other ones when you were younger???? I feel so sore and unfit this time round!

How true... pregnancy when I was 21 was a doddle! I wish I had appreciated it more at the time! My last pregnancy was ok apart from ending up on crutches with SPD - but this time I feel v v v v v old!!! Needless to say this is def my last child :\)

Ps....As for the fuel issue - ive just filled up my corsa with diesel and the cheapest i could find was 98.9p per litre (105.9 at our local station! :evilimage Thats another reason I dont use hubbys range rover - i couldnt afford to go anywhere!

Em

[Modified by: Emalenna on November 02, 2007 08:15 AM]
  • Options
    I am also soooo tired this time. i have no energy at all. I NEED a sleep in the afternoon but rarely get one really. My littlest sleeps but joseph who is 3 does not. I try to put him in from of dvd so i can have 40 winks but he usually wakes me up to tell some thing interesting like......I just had a wee wee! or look mammy the car is fast!!! usually cute but when i tired i dont have the energy to jump up and run round the room cheering.
    d xx
  • Options
    Yes, I am going to put a sign up saying 'BABY SLEEPING RING THIS BELL AT YOUR PERIL!!!!'
    Or put a pet cobra in the fridge and a pit bull in the kitchen to keep them all out!!!
    d x
  • Options
    Hi dee dee

Boy band are really a rock band...but they are to do with hubby's work. So demo tapes are being done at the moment and videos etc and fingers crossed they will do well!!

I was back in the hospital today and they will my bloods seem to be behaving themselves and am feeling Ok as long as I do nothing...as soon as I do anything I feel terrible and have to sleep! So I am 36 weeks tomorrow and should have her within 2 weeks.

Right I need to get off this as my daughter needs to log on and wants to use my lap top rather than her pc! Great!

Hope you are well and will catch up soon!

C.x
  • Options
    HI
    Yes I fine and well thanks.
    so tired though. I hate feeling like this. Am 21 weeks and hoped to be feeling great by now.
    I look around house and see loads of stuff to do...dirty windows, and dust on things and i just have no energy to do it. Going to pay my older 2 to wipe skirting boards down. Its something i always do before Xmas decs go up. My mum always cleaned house for xmas!!!!! no idea why I copy as it ends up filthy but I think its just so it looks its best. Want to get a bit of decorating done too. We away end of month so think will buy the paint then leave for decorater to do while we away.
    After xmas i will start to sort things for baby. Want to be done by time i about 34 weeks as that is when i will flag! Though I am now so god only knows how I will feel by then. God talk about whinging old woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care of you and rest up.
    Good Luck to band!!! My 16 yr old daughter wants to know if she can have autograph now so that when they make it big she was in there first
    d xx
  • Options
    glad im not the only one having nightmares with teens,lol
    my daughter is nearly 16 going on 25! and a total pain in the arse at the mo (i was never this horrid)
    my son is 11 he has adhd and asd and babe is 14m nxt babe due in april
    nice to have somewhere to come and moan,lol she should have been in at 9pm and its now 9.30! tears before bedtime i think (and they wont be mine) im thinking of selling/trading her on ebay, do u think lovely teens exist? xxx
  • Options
    My teenager is lovely (at the mo).... the fact is he stays at his aunts most weekends as she lives closer to his girlfriend, on week days he leaves the house in the morning at 7:25 for school and doesn't get back until 6ish and then he stays in his room apart from the occasional visit to the rest of us to get something to eat!!!! So for the half an hour I see him each day he isn't too bad image

Also do you think the fact that its his birthday next month has anything to do with him being on his best behaviour at the mo????!
  • Options
    ha ha could be, my nightmare is 16 on dec 3rd so hoping for an easier time running up to b/day,lol xx
  • Options
    My daughter is 16 and will turn 17 just before baby 5 born!! She is not too bad really. Could be better but ooohhh could be so much worse.
    My son who is 14 has dyslexia and is ADHD. He is on Ritalin and this keeps him sort of calm but hate him taking it. Feel like it robs him off his soul! Helps him to do school work though. He only takes it on school days. Tempting to give him full time but he is so funny at times and on Ritalin he is quite serious and bit dopey looking!!!!!!!!!
    My 3 year old and 2 year old love their big siblings. they dont see enough of them which is shame as by time in from school, homework, after school stuff and then mates then there is not much day left! On weekends they tend to do own thing too. Over here weekend is Fri and Sat so on Fri we have family day (or try to) !

have 20 week scan tom so fingers crossed all good.

d x
  • Options
    good luck at scan hun. xx
  • Options
    Hi Dee Dee

Good luck for scan tomorrow! I am back at the hospital tomorrow and should hopefully get an induction date. Then I just have to work out the mothers!!! My folks are great and my hubby loves them to bits...hubby doesn't really get on with his folks, but they are so excited as it is his first child. I get on with them fine and make the effort so hubby doesn't have to!but mil is really keen to be here when baby is born....but hubby would rather my folks be here! His live an hour away and mine 5 hours away so having a date for induction means we can guarantee that my folks can get up here...but then have to worry about upsetting the in-laws who are welcome to come up...but I dont want them staying over! Best thing is our parents have never met...so have all that awkwardness to deal with - deep, deep joy!!!

xx
  • Options
    Hi dee dee - hope your scan went well. My induction has been booked for this Friday, so it is panic stations all round!! Thankfully my parents arrive on Thursday! xxx
  • Options
    hi everyone i have a son 14 and a daughter 12 as well as los who are 5 and 2. My oldest 2 are swimmers and they train 6-9 times a week so my house is always total chaos with no one ever being in at the same time and meal times together are a distant memory, there are always wet towels and swimming kit lying everywhere. my oldest has just started year 10 and has gone from doing zero homework to having to do it everynight and my 12 year is a walking mass of hormones. My 5 yr old is an angel and im trying to potty train my 2 year old who i think has 3 6s under his mop of angelic blonde curls. in the middle of all this i am ttc no5 !!!!!!!am i mad i said i would retire from babymaking when i was 35 (which is on sunday) but i dont feel ready to quit yet. how do you all cope with teens and pregnancy? love leigh ps i do love them all really x
  • Options
    hi hun, i think pregnancy is a doddle compared to having a teenager in the house,lol
    my daughter is 16 in a couple wks and has been a nightmare recently wich has made me feel a little more worn out, have to say though that my 11yr old who is adhd and asd has been a godsend at times, playing with 14m old while i have a bath,cook diner or finish the decorating, he will make a lovely husband one day (he reckons he is never leaving home though,lol) good luck ttc no5 and hope to c u on the preg forum soon image
    xx
  • Options
    thank god im not alone,my eldest son is 14 who i had when i was 18.My second son is 9,i had him at 23.Now baby number 3 is due on jan 3 ill be 33.what im finding hard is juggling the different needs of my sons as well as pregnancy and a job.My teenager can be a model son one minute and then a moody grunting selfish sod the next My 9 year old is lovely but has so much energy and im knackered.They have had to give up there own rooms for the baby as its going to be a girl so a whole new load of problems there!But i wouldnt change a thing ha ha.
  • Options
    it is a juggling act thats for sure. Feel like one of them is left out at all times. I find hardest when little ones in bed and all i want is to have a bath, tea and toast and chill out. However, older ones want to chat and tell me their news etc.. usually watch a freinds dvd or something we all enjoy so I can chill out while spending time with them all. Would be nice to have bit of ME time now and then. Like you say though would not change it for anything.
    d x