Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Finding out about schools tomorrow!!

Hiya,
does any one else have a child starting school this September??
My daughter does and I can't wait to find out if she got into the school we want her to go to. I really hope so!!!
We also have another baby on the way which is due in July so this school would be closer to walk to which would be great with a new baby too. We both drive but walking is sooo much easier in rush hour, plus it will help me lose the baby weight!!
Faith.xxx

Replies

• Options
    hi faith85, my son will start school in sept too. I've already applied and will find out if he got into the school i want in march. when do you find out? the school i want is within walking distance which is good because he wants to ride a scooter there!! i'm not sure if he going to get in though because they had to turn down over a hundred applicants last year, two of which live down the same road as me and they now go to school somewhere else!!
    good luck for getting into your chosen school!

[Modified by: Mum0f2 on January 26, 2008 10:22 AM]
  • Options
    I found out today and she got in to the one we were hoping for! It's such a relief to know!!
    Is the other school not walking distance?
    I hope he gets in, good luck!!xx
  • Options
    I'm really happy for you, that's brilliant!!
    We'd have to get the bus to the other one, he wouldn't be able to walk all the way there.
    I can't believe you know already, march seems like ages away!!
  • Options
    Thanks hun,
    I really think they should take distance into consideration, especially as they want everyone to walk and cut down on pollution. And it will take longer to get there when they start early enough as it is without having to leave the house earlier than normal. (I'm not a morning person at the mo lol, this pregnancy has knocked it out of me and my daughter has to get me up in the mornings haha.)
    Yeah March is quite a wait! I thought it was January for everyone.
    Let me know how you get on!xxx
  • Options
    haha, i remember when my little boy started full-time and i had tears in my eyes when i left him at the door
  • Options
    I am SO annoyed, i applied to 3 schools and he didn't get into any of them! It's ridiculus! He's been offered a place at the local pikey school which has a awful reputation and a LOT of bullying reported there. Why should I have to send him to a place like that? It's not fair
  • Options
    Good god thats awful. I did not realise that you had to apply now for small children. When my 2 oldest kids were starting school and we lived in UK they automatically went to the school closest. There were one or 2 who had to go a bit further but they were all walking distance.Its a disrgrace. Like one of you said with global warming etc... we should all be encouraged to walk more. If you have to get buses or cars to school then thats just disgraceful!!!!!!!!!

We now live in Bahrain in the middle east due to OH job. My 4 year old had to sit an entrance test to get into school. there are only 2 british schools here and if they dont pass you dont get in...simple!!!!!! It was nerve wracking. He was fine though. However, if he steps out of line or is not keeping up he will be out!!!!!!!!!! My next child is 3 in oct so will be tested next easter. dreading it as he is a handful and still not making a lot of sense with speech etc.. IF he does not get in we would have to move back home but looks like simliar probs there though the govt has to get them a school place even if 200 miles away!!!!!!!!

Hope you have all appealed if you did not get your choice!

Whats the UK coming too????????

d xxx