Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How do you............

Get rid of the nappy at night?

My little girl is almost 4 and refuses to wear knickers at night. weve tried a few times putting her to bed without a nappy and she just wets the bed. That was a while ago now tho. Ive brought a waterproof sheet and we are detirmined to do this but she refuses to go to bed without a nappy now because she is so scared of wetting the bed! If she has a nap during the day she will always wake up to do a wee which makes me think she is ready now but just doesnt want to do it! Arghh! Help! x x x x

Replies

• Options
    Don't worry about it ask her when she goes to bed if she wants a nappy and if she does let her. It's obviosly become an issue for her and is worried about wetting the bed. Its a really good sign that she can stay dry/wake during her naps but she is proabbly in a much deeper sleep during the night.
    Our son had the same problem when he first went without nappies and would get really upset so i put him back in nappies and a few weeks later he himself decided he didn't want nappies on so we tried again and he was dry from then on. he still wets the bed every now and again but he gets more upset about it than we do.
    good luck!
    x
    ps I know this probably sounds obvious but we also cut down on drinks before bedtime.
  • Options
    Hey, My dd is 3 and used to wear pull ups at night and when we put her in knickers she wet the bed too and lost all confidence in herself(although her pull ups were always dry!) but lately she has started wearing waterproof knickers(from mothercare they do boys ones too) instead of pull ups and that seems to give her the comfort she needs.
    I have never lifted her at night for a wee and ive only had two wet beds since she was out of pull ups.
    Maybe your son needs a little more time so maybe if you either carry on with the nappies for a bit or try pull ups or something along those lines to help him feel more secure about it.
    Goodluck though babe xxx
  • Options
    sorry its your daughter isnt it...Im such a plank lol(might have something to do with having three little monsters running rings around their dad at the moment lol)
  • Options
    sorry its your daughter isnt it...Im such a plank lol(might have something to do with having three little monsters running rings around their dad at the moment lol)
  • Options
    Oh bloomin hell a doulbe post too...sorry lol
  • Options
    Thanx for the advice girls!
    Julesy, I have cut down on the drinks, but she still has one small cup of milk at around 7 and thats the last she has, it might still be too much tho. I dont think shed be too pleased to go without it but Ill def try!
    Babs, I think a trip to mothercare is in order then! I didnt realise they did waterproof knickers. Hopefully this will give the confidence to realise she can do it! Thank you!
    x x x