Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

do you think my child is wild or was the parent being rude?

hi i took my 4 y/o daughter to the libary on sat and went to the childrens area which is great coz they have art and crarft and toys. and evry month they will have a theme. well anyway we are in the childrens area and i sit nere my daughter while i feed my son. the libary have set up a tent and big toy jungle animals and my daughter starts to play in the tent. another little girl asks if she can join in. my daughter says yes and they are having a great time in the tent.( i very pleased as my daughter used to get very worryed with new people). any how an mum walks in with her son and daughter and her kids are througing the toys, running round the art and craft table for about 10 min. she then gets them to sit down and do some craft ( but every now and again her kids with throw one of the big animals on top of the tent what my daughter and the girl are playing in and they are laughing and having abit of fun (not a problem as my daughter is not running around or screaming, ect). then as the woman goses to leave with her kids shes telling them "oh im so glad your not wild like thouse two girls in the tent (meaning my daughter and the little girl). i sat there with my mouth open thinking WTF!!!! ok my daugther and the girl may have got abit noisey with there laughing and doing role play with the tent but they were not running around or shouting or throwing things like her kids ( who were much older then my daughter). do you think my child is wild coz i cant stop thinking"perhapes i should of told my daughter to carm down or be more quite if people are going to make comments. but at the same time i dont think she was behaving badly i think she was just having fun with a new friend. what do you guys think ?

Replies

• hi,it sounds to me like your daughter was acting like any other 4 year old child,playing with a friend.Even if she was being noisy,all children make noise when they are playing,ive yet to meet one thats quiet!! lol.It sounds as if this other ladys children were miss behaving,and you should just ignore what she said. becky xx
  • God dont worry Faeriestar, your daughter sounds like a normal 4 year old and that woman sounds very rude. Kids will be kids and its not like the children were hurting anyone, most little girls I know dont have a great volume button but as long as they are not being rude or hurting others i think leave them to interact like you did, the woman must have been having a bad day! dont ever doubt your own judgement you know your daughters not 'wild' dont let her make you think she is x

Joanna 33 +1 with number 2 and 10 year old son
  • Was she for real?? I mean, was she being sarcastic as your dd and the other girl weren't being wild? And perhaps she was embarrassed by her own kids' behaviour?
    Because there's no way your dd was being 'wild'. She was playing and nicely by the sounds of it! Some people eh?
  • hi ladies, thanks for your surport. you guys have help to ease my mind as this horrid woman made me feel like a bad mum.its good to know that im not a bad mum with a wild child. and its good to know that my daughter is ov' a happy, normal 4 year old. thnaks again ladies x.