Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

school-age childcare advice please

hi - i was wondering what people who work full time arranged for childcare when their children are on school holidays? do you rely on your own holidays and family to cover the extensive ammount of holiday times? do you have understanding employers - would you be able to take unpaid leave? or are you restricted to when and how much holiday you can take?
what about summer clubs etc? are these any good and do they provide adaquate cover?
i'm looking to get a full time job when both my boys are in school but not sure what will happen during holidays. my husband is unable to take holidays over the summer due to the nature of his work so i was thinking of using holiday to enable me to go part-time over the summer but theres 13 or 14 weeks holidays overall so its a stretch!! also is this something that you would feel comfortable discussing at an interview or would you be concerned that it would put a potential employer off??
any advice appreciated!

[Modified by: julesy on 13 May 2008 10:34:45 ]

Replies

• Julesy, our school has a fab out of school club where they do all sorts of stuff and it's only ??17 from 7.30-6pm.
    They have to be Ofsted-ed too.
    Do any of your local schools have this fac? Our school club takes on kids from other schools during the hols so you don't nec need to go to the school, as they aren't part of the school but a sep business. Good luck at finding a job!