Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Am I the only one?

My 4 year old had his first day at school today and I got so emotional,I was crying in the playground after he'd left!Im not usually like this at all,I couldnt understand why!He is going to spanish state school and I was hoping he would be in the same class has his other 2 english friends but hes been put in a different one,and Im not keen on the teacher already!Its all the stresses of new school but in a foreign lanuguage!He looked so worried and the school is so much bigger than his nursery,I just couldnt help but get upset!:cry:

Replies

• Am feeling so much better!Went to pick him up at 2 and he was all smiles!His teacher said he was very good and he told me all about his first day on the way home!Phew!A definite weight has been lifted!:\)
  • Glad youre feeling better, first days at school are always tear jerkers, my eldest is 12 now and I still remember his first day at school, he was going in the afternoon and most of his friends were in the morning to start with so I was worried about him being alone, and I couldnt even look at him on the walk to school as I just kept welling up, I felt like I ws abandoning him. needless to say he had a whale of a time and couldnt wait to get back. Ironinc now coz I have to drag him out of bed in the mornings so he gets there on time.