Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren

Curious ??

Hi ladies, ive not posted in here before as i have been in due in sept 09 with my DS i also have a 3 year old but dont really need to post about her,...until now lol

She was a early walker at 10 mos, talking well very early and now talks like an adult and can have a adult conversation with her...minus swearing and adult phrases..of course lol! I was hoping u ladies could let me know what your stages of your little ones were ie: Talking...learning colours, counting, writing, spelling, reading, numeracy etc.

DD can count to 100, write 1-10 in order, write her own full four worded name, mum,dad,her little brothers name, relatives name on her own and what ever other word we ask if we tell her how to spell it. colours she has known for over a year, adding small numbers ie; 1+3=4, 2+5=7. Shes brilliant at colouring in with not going out the lines, she can read small words ie: cat, dog, mum, dad, her name obviously etc. she is 3 years old and 4 yrs next month. I hope you dont think im just being a snotty mum who is just showing her kid off, i genuinly didnt think anything of it until people noticed how well she wrote her name etc.

Could you tell me what you think, should i be encouraging her evenmore or letting her go at her own pace? Me and my OH will sit down an read with her and teach her etc b ut shes done this all on her own accord and loves learning.

Sorry if ive rambled on a bit...im a bit sleep deprived with a 7 week old! Haha, Any replies would be greatfully recieved!

Vickie x

Replies

• Well she is doing really well!! my ds is 4 1/2 and is just writing is own name but my dd is 3 1/2 and is doing the same! so i think girls are a bit quicker at learning than boys. (but all are different)

As for encouraging her or going at her own pace? It sounds to me that your encouragment is her own pace and she is thriving on it!! If she wants to learn help her!!
    don't worry about "bragging" you are right to be proud!
    xx
  • lo's sap up information and if she loves learning then go with it! she will have an advantage when she goes to school and this will help her confidence.
    my lo was also very bright with numbers and colours etc from a young age but by the time he got to pre-school all he wanted to do was play with his friends and lost interest in anything that involves sitting down! he also was so used to being good at everything that when he tried to write something - his name for example or draw a car - if it didn't come out exactly like he wanted it too/ how he's been shown he would get so frustrated that he refused to do it. we didn't pressure him and he seems to be coming out of that stage now and practising at it! (thank goodness)
    go with what your daughter feels happiest with. x