Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

need advice (in other forums)

beings as the potty training forum is so quiet i thought I would post here too.

Isaac is 2yrs 10 months

If he has no nappy/trousers/pants on. He never has an accident. He will take himself to the toilet and go fine. As soon as I put pants on him its a different story. He treats them like a nappy and wees in them.

He starts nursery in April and I am desperate to get him dry soon.

I would be really greatful for any advice ladies! xxxx

Elaine & Boys

Replies

• maybe sounds obvious, he could be a little young to go for this, but have you tried taking him out to buy his own big 'big boy pants' and then explaining that babies wear nappies to wee in and that big boys have grown up pants which come up and down to use the toilet, maybe also throw in that daddy / grandad / bob the builder have big boy pants and pull them up and down to go for a wee/poo.
    other than that, my lo went for stickers as rewards bigtime, everytime he did a wee on his potty he got a sticker, when he wet himself he didnt get one, took less than 3 days for it to click with him. Good Luck, and well done on getting him this far, he's going in the right direction xx