Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren

worried bout my son

Hi i have three boys jack-5 lewis-4 and max 11 weeks, well since lewis was born i have had a feeling of dread and always felt i was going to lose him one day, never felt it with others just him?? anyway this yr in summer we nearly did he choked on a magnetic ballbearing and took ages to get it out, even his dad panicked which he never does, was screaming for me to get a knife incase he had to cut into his windpipe to helphim breathe, eventually one last whack it came out. Then he started getting constant infections in his penis and had to have it circumsised and even it got infected after that, well infections keep coming and he has had a viral infection for over 5 weeks, snotty nose that it always blocked with blood and he looks ill all the time very pale dark eyes, lots of nosebleeds aching limbs etc, he also sleeps alot and is always ill. well i took him to dr's to see bout getting him something for his nose and dr said it wasnt normal how he was ill all time etc, so gave me some cream and medicine for his infection and made me an appointment in 2 weeks if he is no better and said they would have to do blood tests etc to rule things out like lukeamia etc WHY did he have to mention that word to me now i'm terrified my little man has it and the old dread feelings are bk with a vengence! I read up on it and its true he has alot of symptoms. i just wish i could shake this awful dread i have over him. HE is always poorly! I couldnt bare it if anything ever happenedto him!

Replies

• sending you lots of hugs hun, hope he is ok
  • sending you lots of hugs hun, hope he is ok
  • sending you lots of hugs hun. hope hes ok
  • Awww hun I really feel for you, could you not get the dr to do the bloood tests quicker, two weeks is an eternity when you are worried. It may be nothing he may just be lacking in vitamins and minerals, My eldest son is 12 and when he was 4, he was always ill, got nose bleeds alot slept at least 13 hours of a night and 2-3 hours a day and bruised for no apparant reason, they did a blood test on him to rule out things like leukaemia, I was beside myself with worry and it turned out that he had a deficiency with his platelets, it was a temporary thing and righted itself fairly quicky.

Really hope you get some answers soon. hugs xxxxx
  • oh shug try not to worry hun big big hugs to you and lewis
  • have you had any news with lewis?