Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dry nights

My 2nd dd is 3 1/2 and i have 6 mth as well.

Hayley at 3 1/2 has been dry during day for a long time now and night time is a bit hit and miss but lately we've being having a success rate of about 5 night out of 7. Although this also happened around xmas time as well but she went back to wet nights mostly around mid january.

Can anyone give me a bit of an average age for total dry nights for girls at what age??? I don't remember exactly what age for first dd, must be baby brain, lol.

Thanks, Shell

Replies

• Options
    hi. my dd is nearly 3 and has been dry through the night for quite a while but she led the way with it and i understand that most children are around 3-4 years when they come out of nappies at night time. my cousin was still in nappies at night until she was 5 as she just couldnt wake up when her bladder was full. have you taken her out of nappies at night? i took dd out of her nappies and have not put one on her since. i asked her 1 night after lots of mornings waking up dry if she would like her pants on instead of a nappy and she said yes so thts what we have done since. i take her to toliet before she goes to bed at 7-7:30 and i wake her lightly and take her to toilet when we go up to bed about 10-10:30 and remind her to call if she needs a weewee in the night,most nights she sleeps through without needing to go. in wilkinsons you can buy waterproff matress protectors for the times when your dd might not be quick enough to call you.
  • Options
    Hiya,

My daughter is 4 next month and has been dry at night since september, so she was 3yrs 2months. I kept putting it off because she was still waking up with a full nappy, but I eventuallu bought a pack of disposable sheets that go under their sheet and gave it a go, she didn't have one single accident! We also took her for a wee before bed and when we went up to bed and she comes into us during the night if she needs to go. I know she has one friend at playgroup who still wears nappies at night and she was 4 in March, so all kids are different.xxx