Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

school PTA

hi everyone,
I am chairperson of the pta at my daughters school and we are having a lot of problems trying to get volunteers.
we have asked parents what would make them want to help/ come to meetings etc but never really get much response. I was just wondering what you all think as maybe the parents feel uncomfortable telling us.

thanks x

Replies

• I have just joined my schools PTFA and out of over 400 parents in the school there are only a 4 or 5 parents that are on the committee and only about 20 or so at a push that would help at events.
    I don't know whether its because they find it intimidating or because there are too many other commitments. (out of 2 meetings i myself have only made it to 1!)
    We have an event soon that is out of the school and although its a fundraiser its more of a social event - I think this is a brilliant idea and great that the ladies came up with it and are organising it.
    I also think that specifically asking people to help at an event would help as all the school letters and bits of paper that get shoved in bags at the end of the day get forgotton and ignored. I'm sorry this is not much help as I am new to this myself so if you come up with any ideas be sure to let me know so I can pass them on !!