Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what would you do???

faith is 3 years old and has lost both of her great grandmothers (my side of the family) in 2 months and she is really down about this also there has been a family argument going on between me and my oh and his mother she was asked to treat her grandchildren (all my oh kids and my 2 i have with him) the same and apparently me saying this is completly out of order how i dont know but any way she keeps taking my oh oldest daughter out and spending a fortune on her and not getting the others anything or even taking them out as she wont come near us anymore but my poor little girl is getting so down about this she is having nightmares about it is really unsettled at play school and is starting to resent her sister as evey time she comes to visit us she tells faith about all the new things there grandmother has got her causing yet more tears and she is also so unsure and upset as to what is going on about her grandmothers she has lost she just seems so down and depressed i dont know what to do for the best as im fed up of seeing her so down :cry: :?

Replies

• thats so unfair of ur mil, my granma never distinguished between me and my step cousins even tho they were nine or ten when she first met them so i cant really advise on that, but i might b able to with ur daughters sadness at the loss of her grandmothers as my son is in much the same boat my ohs dad passed suddenly n then a week later my grandad passed so my son has lost two grandads v close together. i show him pictures of all the fun things he can remember n tell him stories about the things he cant. we also let hellium balloons float up to meet his grandpas ( im not really into heaven as a relligous thing but my sons three so i thought he needed something to hold on too ) we also bought roses to plant at home as my grandpa loved to garden its like a hobby he can share with my grandpa even tho he's gone if that makes sense??? i hope ur daughter feels better soon grief is hard enough without the fear and confusion of being three !!!!!!
  • thanks for that we will try the balloon thing , yeah we have told her that she is a fairy now and has flown to heaven and has left some fairy dust behind(her ashes)