Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Q For Mummys With Little Boys

hi i have a 2 1/2 year old and have just noticed a small white lump under his foreskin right at the top of his penis. i am a bit concerned as it seems to move with the skin as if it is a type of cyst. is this normal? or is there anychance it could be the part where the wee comes out and is just slightly swollen? i have never pulled it back as i didnt think it should be done yet but am now worried i should have been cleaning behind there and that this might be a bit of infection?? at what age do you do that? or teach them to do it?? please helpx x x x

Replies

• Options
    hi,i hav a boy whos 8 and a boy whos 3month,ive never known either of them to hav any white lumps on their penis,so i asked my partner an he sed that its not normal and especially with it being on his penis get him to docs to get it checked.hope its sorted soon hun, becky xx
  • Options
    hiya
    my 2 yr old has this. If the same its called smegma. Its just a collection of cells and (sorry) cheesy bits that get stuck in the foreskin. However, I am no doctor and without seeing it cant say its the same BUT would say 99% it is but please see your doc anyway. This is my 3rd boy and I noticed it was diferent to his brothers. I took him to doc as he had maybe 5 or 6 of these lumps. He told me not to worry and they eventully burst and come out (they have) however it was noticed that his foreskin was too tight and he needed an op to sort this out. Therefore, tho the lumps were nothing they did point to another small problem. he also has hyperspadius which is when the uretha tube comes out under the penis as opposed to at the end. Its not serious but may need some surgery when he older. It means he wees all wonky but dont all men?????????? lol
    try not to worry but like I said get it checked out as always best for a medical professional to confirm.

d x
  • Options
    thanks for you replies im going to take him to the doctors 2moro will let you know how it goes x x x