Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

they say the funniest things....

hi everyone

It seems that we all have trials and tribulations with our kiddies regardless of their ages and that we seem to spend so much time worrying about their demanding behaviours and beating ourselves up that we can't seem to get them to behave...

so i thought we could all do with a giggle so does anyone want to share those funny little things that their children say? I'll start....

Some of the classics heard from my 5 yr old daughter Madison:

In the car: "mummy drive slowly, i don't want the policeman to take you away because i won't be able to drive the car home. my legs don't reach the pedals."
I was washing my face: "Are you eliminating your blackhairs mummy?"
Upon seeing a very old, very bald man on the bus: "mummy, why has that baby not got a mummy with him?" and points directly at his face so he is in no doubt she is talking about him....
At the school gates, loudly announced to everyone: "my mummy has a baby in her tummy, thats why she is so fat."
When I tell her off: "Don't take that tone with me."
To my husband: "Why do you have hairy boobies?"
When her knickers ride up (complete with hand down the back of her trousers): "uh oh, my knickers are in trouble!"
"mummy, when we run out of cat food, why don't we just give bumble (our cat) the hamster for his tea?"
Plus many many questions relating to my body, such as (very loudly announced when changing after swimming) "mummy, you have got a furry bottom!" and "why do your boobies have such lumpy niffles?"

Anyone have any other witty one-liners as uttered by their little angels????

Claudia xxx

Replies

• Hi Claudia,
    Good ones, I can definitely relate to the swimming room changing rooms scenario. Charming little dears aren't they!

An elderly couple walking at normal adult pace without stock/zimmer- look mummy there's a fast one!

Me ranting at the t.v on topics that annoy me with my oh in the same room, daughter thinks I'm talking back at daddy: her reply - "well mummy maybe you should look for another patrner"
    Eating whilst pregnant: Mummy you should be careful not to get food all over your baby!
    Taking things literally- if you pull and squeeze the cows udders then milk comes out the bottom: Daughter "poohy milk. I don't want to drink it anymore!"

Just about every day they come out with classics but pregnancy brain makes you forget most of them! That's why diaries are useful I guess.
    xx
  • lol MAC1 - made me laugh!!! they really do have some strange ideas...
    my daughter latches onto odd comments and then comes out with them weeks later...when that Duffy went to number 1 with "mercy", i commented to my hubby that she seemed to pop up from nowhere as i had never heard of her. when we next saw her on the tv, madison turned to me and said "look mum, theres that lady who came from nowhere and we just don't know who she is!" how do they remember these things?

oh and when i explained to her that the baby eats what i eat and it goes to the baby through my tummy, she tried poking her toast through my belly button - "can i have a turn of feeding the baby through your tummy?" guess i wasn't clear enough what i meant!!!!
  • lol, kids are so funny sometimes. i can only remember two things my daughter has said that was v' funny at the mo'. 1) our daughter walked into the bath room when daddy was having a shower (she was about 2y/o at the time)and she then comes and finds me to ask "why has daddy got a tail" i say to her that i dont understand what she means. so she takes me to the bathroom points to daddys manhood and says "see daddys got a tail" 2) me and daddy take our daughter to pre-school and there is a police woman stood at the gate. as we come up to the police woman our daughter shouts "look daddy that police woman wants to kiss you". luckly the police woman and i and our daughter had a good laugh and at a very emmbassed daddy. oh this happened yesterday by the way x.
  • i can't remember most of the things that my 3 year old comes out with but he does have interesting words for things. he calls crocodiles 'snapoldiles' and he calls zebras 'stripers' and he said the other day that there were some men dribbling in the road - he meant drilling tho.
  • Hi, we went to our local church as we are wanting to get our baby christened the vicar is really good and has an area set up during the service for children to play in, it has a book corner jigsaws, bricks and other toys. Anyway my 2 year old son went up to the front of the church with a child sized wooden chair and sat it down on the stage area at the side of the alter. the chair banged and because the vicar wears a microphone it banged very loud. My son laughed and shouted,
    "BANG and the dirt is gone" lol.
    then the other morning my 2 year old woke up and shouted me from his bed, I went into him and said are we getting up he replied yes my tummy is making funny noises I replied what do you mean and he said "Its saying Im hungry" (in a growling voice)