Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HELP, NEED SOME REASSURANCE ABOUT PLAYGROUP!

My two year old seems a confident little boy and i thought I'd have no problem starting him at playgroup. He goes to toddlers twice weekly and gymnastics and I leave him with aunts, friends and grandparents fairly regularly!

He is screaming the place down when i leave him at playgroup though, I am three weeks from a c-section for no2 and feel so emotional for leaving him! Like I've just abandoned him! They assure me he's fine once I go but he cries whenever he sees me when I pick him up!

Any advice welcome, sob!:cry:

Replies

• i work at a playgroup and a lot of the children cry at first but they all stop within a few minutes of mum going and start to play .hopfully by the time you have no2 he will of settled in.most of the children i work with are ok in about 2 week . the only advice i can give you is when you drop him of is to leave as soon as possible as the longer a parent stay the longer they seem to take to calm down

[Modified by: hollypolly on October 07, 2008 09:20 PM]

[Modified by: hollypolly on October 07, 2008 09:21 PM]

• Thanks ladies ! By the time I picked him up he was playing happily. Unfortunately he has picked up chicken pox and is head to toe covered so hopefully get him back there in enough time before baby arrives.

My friend is going to take him to toddlers and playgroup for me so as not to change his routine.

Thanks for advice

Gail xx