Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Siblings sharing bedroom, decorating issues

hi all, i've popped over from the pregnancy forums as i need to pick ur ladies brains!!!! i have 3 children, 2 boys and a girl, the boys share a fair sized room, not huge but not small. The room hasn't been decorated since we moved in 4yrs ago and i wanted to freshen it up before my lo makes an apperance!!! only trouble is the age gap between my boys and the interests that they have, my eldest is 6, very much into his football and wants aston villa, my youngest who is 2 and a half is totally and absolutely Thomas the tank mad. i would like to combine the two, without it looking a complete mess, and was wondering if any of u ladies have had a similar experience or have any useful ideas!!!! they play together happily so i didn't want to segregate the room with a divider or curtain....am i being too fussy? thanks in advance rachie xx

Replies

• how about you choose a nuetral wall colour but let them pick out a new duvet cover each, that way theres no arguments over colour and they get a little something that they each like.
    If you need to change light fittings go for something different i.e space theme or again just a plain type.
    If you really want to combine their interests then maybe they could have the walls next to their beds decorated as feature walls( thomas/aston v) and then a light/plain colour to compliment it on the other walls.
    hope this gives you an idea
    xxxxxx
  • thanks for ur reply babs, i love the idea bout the feature wall by their beds, then complementing the rest of the room to go with it!!!! think i may have a serious think bout that!!! thank u very very much!!! rachie xx