Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

nightmares!!

how do you stop ur older kids watching films that are too old for them when they are with your ex?poor conor was awake crying and shaking last night allbecause of films at dads
have said to ex but he thinks i am exadurating and its not that bad but hes not the one who has toi deal with it
fea x

Replies

• Options
    BIG toughy - my friend had a similar problem. Her girls would go to their dad's every other weekend and wud take at least 3 days to recover as he let them stay up til 11/12 each nite - they were 7, 6 1/2 and 3 at the time this started - and he couldn't see there was a problem either as he didn't have to deal with the outcome! I think it changed the week he had them over school hols......after the 1st 2 late, late nites they were all so ratty etc, he kinda got the idea. Mind you, it didn't improve straight away as in his twisted little mind, what was happening was a hinderance to my friend and he enjoyed that (sick)!

Not sure what to suggest for you hun but hope you can get something sorted.

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev326prs__.png

• Options
    dont know what to suggest fea but just to lwt you know its not just the ex that does it! My hubby will always let jake watch something completely inappropriate when i am out, something along the lines of alien or predator and he is only 11!!!!!!!!!! And he made me really mad the other daybecause he let alice who is 3 watch the simpsons, all very well and yes it is a cartoon but she has started to copy what they do and i caught her with her hands around isaacs neck trying to strangle him like homer does to bart. Hubby couldnt see my point either. Men!:roll: