Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren

Potty Training

I have styed in vor 5 days to concentrate on my little boys potty training. I haven't got cross with him when he had accidents and I praised him loads when he made it to the potty. Days 3 and 4 were really good. He started to get a real understanding of the potty without getting upset even though he was going through having a cold (which he has kindly given to me!) But today being Day 5 has been an absolute disaster, he pees everywhere and has pooed in his pants. It as if starting back at Day one again. Maybe he isn' tready as he is only 29 months but then i would have though he would be by now, and he understood it the last couple of days so why is today different? I look forward to hearing some advice, thank you

Replies

• He's done so well hun, you just have to persurviour.
    I was very lucky in the respect that my ds was 22 months when he was dry day and night, but children are ready at all different ages. I'm sure your doing all these already but this is what i did.

1. Never make a big deal of it
    2. expect accident to happen, but expain that its ok.
    3 Give lots of praise when they manage to go
    4 use a reward chart
    5. put a cork in the toilet, boys love aiming at it ha ha

I'm just starting my dd off now, but she just kicks and shouts at it ha ha although she did do 3 big poo's in her dad's work hat the other day lol