Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

wont sleep

i know its been christmas and everythiing but

my 9 year old wont go to bed proplyand when she is in bed she wont  or cant sleep. im at a loss for what to do.

any idears?

Replies

• Have you tried the method supernanny uses?

Think it's talking to them first time,saying time for bed,or it's bedtime and taking them back to bed,then you just take them back to bed each time without speaking. Or something like that,It looked to work on one of her shows I caught the back end of. I'm sure another mum on here will have seen it,and can give you more details.

Good luck with that. Maybe the return to normality of school will help.

• My eldest has been just the same, she is 4yrs old.  I'm hoping getting back to school times for getting up and bed will help because its been late nights and lie ins all holidaysimage and fireworks all weekend ruined my plan for starting it on Saturday.  I find sending her to bed then telling her I'll be back in a few minutes and finding jobs like putting clothes away helps usually, then I go for a bath or to tidy up downstairs so she knows I won't be back for longer and she usually has fallen asleep after 30mins or is looking at a book, I find the less I speak to her when I go in helps sometimes but sometimes makes it worse and I have to sit and have a chat while she tells me whats bothering her - usually that she doesn't want to be a mummy and leave home!

If you find something that works quicker please let me know!