Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi, nice to meet you!

Hallo everyone!

I'm an Italian mum and I have a 11 y.o. boy, whose name is Davide.

He started secondary school this year and feels so grown-up...

Our family is very keen on travelling and my husband and me have been in several places (our favorite Country is United Kingdom), and we have taken there our son many times already.

I subscribed this forum to have a look at different topics in a reality that is not what I already know (Italian mums, school, politics) and get the chance to have different opinions.

I am an employee but in my spare time I love fashion and with a pair of friends I run a fashion blog.

I love reading, going to the cinema, of course visiting new places and meeting new people.

I look forward to get to know you well.

Replies

• Hi, I am 6 yr old kid's mommy. He is very active and charming boy. He loves to play with balloons and balls. I hope he may be a football player in future.

• Hi Anna!

Would you like him to be a footballer?

Here in Italy being a footballer is THE DREAM of almost every boy.

Soccer schools, however, are the most differently managed places ever... some are very good (and you have to give up enjoying your son, as the team requires a lot of him for training and tournaments and other activities... ), some are very bad, having not very professional people to take care of the kids.

We have already had this kind of experience, and now my son is training for hockey (but not on ice, they play on grass).