Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Daughter made to do PE in her underwear

My daughter hates PE. Currently in the habit of 'forgetting' her kit in the hope of getting out of it. One of her PE teachers is a bit soft and lets her off - the other two just get her to put stinky lost property kit on, and sometimes gives her a detention. 

Anyone got any suggestions of what I can do, or should I just keep out of it? 

Replies

• Or to put it another way, the teacher was getting fed up with her 'forgetting' her kit so made her do it in her knickers. Was this acceptable? 

• Oh honey, that is really not on. How old is your daughter? Not that is really matters, but no child should be made to do PE in her underwear.

Have you tried talking to her to figure out why she hates it so much? Don't get me wrong, my 7 year old daughter hates PE too, but she has to leave her PE kit at school so there's no getting out of it.

And i think you have to go to school and tell them this is not acceptable to make her do it in her undies, but you also have to try and get to the root of the problem too, why she hates it so much. 

• She's 14. She just doesn't like it - doesn't like the sports they do, I don't think she's really into competitive sports. She likes running and cycling and stuff outside school, so does get exercise. 

She's not doing PE as one of her options, so won't be doing it after this year anyway. 

• It's at the harsher end but just about ok I think. I assume she wore a top of some sort with her knickers? And what sport was she doing - single sexy ir mixed?  It might have embarrassed her but I bet it also shocked her into remembering her PE after that.