Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Horrible step dad

Hello. It’s not easy to write this. I’ve deliberated for two years, but it’s becoming more obvious that my husband hates my 9 year old daughter. We met when she was 3 years old; I’d just split up from her Dad. We have been together since and married two years ago. Over the years it’s become more apparent that he would much prefer life with out her. He has two older kids. Daughter never lived with us (she’s 18 now), son did live with us but recently moved. He’s always been a very strict father with his two kids but he fails to remember my daughter is 9, not 18. He is always morning about her, to The point he’s refused to come on holiday with us. And I truely believe the reason is because she’s gonna be there. My daughter and I often have to sit on our own in another room due to my husbands mood. Is this normal?

id welcome any comments from mums with step dads. It’s breaking my heart, I feel I’m a wife for him yet a mum for my baby. Two Lives. It should be one.

thanks ladies xxx

Replies

• Hi Amy1982, we're sorry to read your post, but we wanted to let you know, we've just spotted this other thread, which is by a member who seems to be in a similar situation to you. Please do check it out.