Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What age at least is too old for Happy Meal?

Yesterday I grabbed some McDonald's Happy Meals for my 2 little boys aged 10 and 5. My children have had Happy Meals since the age of 2. Basically, everyone knows the meal price consists for fish fingers/chicken nuggets or a small kids hamburger or cheeseburger with chips and a drink. My youngest is full by the time he finishes his meal. My older son asks for cheese bites with his meal which I don't mind, and says a Happy Meal is too 'babyish' for him and he should have the adults meal next time. I don't think just a small main and side really fills him up, to be honest I think Happy Meals are aimed at much younger kids. He's not even interested in the toys anymore either. I've seen big kids aged 8 and over still have a Happy Meal, but I think my son is ready for a big meal. The adult Meal usually includes just the big burger and chips alongside a soft drink. My personal opinion is I think Happy Meals are really for children under the age of 8. How old were your kids when they stopped having a Happy Meal? Is the adult meal suitable for my 10 year old?

Replies

• Options

Hi my ten year old still loves a happy meal for the moment Inc the toy but she doesn't have huge portions anyway at meal times and is still quiet happy with kids meals in other places like pubs and cafes. I think this is a question only you can ask as you know how much your son eats in general. However if my daughter at any point suggests the happy meal isn't for her, I would get whatever it is she does want to eat.

Not much help but hope it makes sense. X

• Options

My friend has a 6 year old and an 8 year old and they both get adult Big Mac meals as they think a happy meal just doesn’t fill them it’s all about what tour little boy wants if he isn’t feeling full let him have the adult meal and if he doesn’t finish it let him take it home to have later that’s what I do as I can never finish a mcdonalds meal so usually just Finish it off at home 

• Options

I buy a Happy Meal for my 9yr girl from time to time, and she still loves it.

• Options

Hiya.

My younger sons are 8 & 10. My 10 year old usually has a big mac meal and my 8 year old is about ready to have bigger meals as hes hungry within the hour, however he still likes getting the toy so asks for happy meals. My friends 10 year old is full after a happy meal so I think its best to go with the childs appetite