Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

10 year old son has bad attitude and behaviour - what should I do?

Hello everyone. Its been a long time since I’ve posted on something like this. its got to the point where I need to know I’m not alone and that others are going through the same things. 

Bit of background? Im 31 and have a 10 year old son and he’s always been a handful. 

I don’t know if it’s an age thing or something I’m doing wrong or if it’s going to become an issue Long term. We’ve always expected manners and respect, we’ve tried to reach him right from wrong and guide him correctly whilst being fair and loving but just recently he seems to be incapable of making good choices. He had a sleepover last night for his friends birthday (back story: He’s never really been invited to anyone’s birthday party or anything  because he’s not particularly popular with parents) and his friends mum has had to inform me that he was quite badly behaved and quite rude a lot of the time, I’m mortified because I thought he knew better than that, I thought I’d taught him better than that. This is just one Of quite a few poor choices and behavioural mishaps just recently. Is anyone else having trouble with their 10 year olds attitude or behaviour? I’ve also had to ban his xbox because it turns him into the devil but that’s a separate issue....or is it? 

any advice or support of any kind would be great.

im really struggling. 

RC x