Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Suitable for PE? School says no!

I got my daughter these to wear for PE

https://www.marksandspencer.com/2-pack-seamfree-shorts-6-16-years-/p/p60221280?image=SD_04_T71_3476S_Y0_X_EC_0&color=BLACK&prevPage=plp

as the uniform stipulates black shorts, but she came home yesterday saying they weren't suitable?  They are shorts, and they are black, so not sure what's wrong?

Replies

• She says they are more like knickers. I'm not from the UK, so not familiar with the word. Aren't knickers the same thing as shorts? 

• Others must think they are suitable  then? 

• Hiya. Just to let you know they are knickers.. Try going to primark and looking for black shorts they will have them in kids gym wear or holiday section won't be too much x

• Thanks. I thought knickers were shorts? She came home after doing PE in them saying she had to wear something more suitable. She said they were actually underwear?

• Sorry knicker is an term for underware.

• Yes, I realise that now! I'm surprised the school allowed her to do PE wearing them 

• They are definitely knickers (underwear).  How old is your daughter?  I'm surprised she was allowed to do the lesson in her underwear.  My daughter had to do it a couple of months ago when she didn't have her PE kit and she is 15 - I was shocked that they are allowed to have a girl of her age do PE in her knickers, especially as it was a mixed lesson!