Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren

Anyone with school age kids?

My kids are William who's 3 in 2 weeks and starting nursery at school in September and Sophie, who is 5 and in reception.
Sophie has settled in well at school, I think it's me who has had more trouble getting used to so many changes!

Replies

• Hi.

Jack will be 5 in April and has just done his first term in Reception. He loves school too. Like you he was really excited about it all whereas I was all over the place.

I also have Charlotte who is two very soon and starts nursery on the 18th Feb.

Zoe xx
  • Hi, all my kids are in school. Chris is 15 and in year 11, Chelsea is 9 and in year 4 and Chloe is 4 and does mornings at the school nursery. Come September she'll be moving onto reception class.
    Sarah
  • Hi
    I'm lucy
    I have my 2 boys in school Daniel age 9 in year 4 and Aaron age 6 in year 1 and my little pink princess who will be 2 in may.
    Daniel is doing really well and loves school.
    Aaron on the other hand we have had a few issues with, but finally getting there. Slowly but surely.
  • Hi rileys 3 and in nusery every afternoon and loves it.

Emma
  • Hi All! Nice to chat to other Mum's with school kids. I'm Tasha's sister and we do enjoy seeing the boys developing together, but it's nice to hear other Mum's school stories! Sophie really does love school despite my initial concerns that it was too big a class and a new head teacher at the school. She has settled in and made so many friends. hope all of yours have had a good day at shool!!
  • Hiya Emma,

I thought i'd read you were Tasha's sister, I hope you are ok.

Jack won't be 5 until the end of April so I was concerned it would be too much for him, and on some days it is, he comes home has a drink and falls asleep. Having said that though he loves school, his teacher is lovely and so is the assistant and he is learning so much. We had a few problems initially, but he's settled in well.

Zoe xx
  • Hi Zoe!
    I think it's tiring for them when they start in reception, regardless of their age! Sophie was 5 on September 18th and many in her class have august birthdays, so you would think she would be able to cope with the long days a bit better, but she was completely exhausted and we had to rethink what she did after school as, especially for dancing on a Friday evening, she was just too exhausted! We now keep after school activities to mid week!
    Glad to hear that Jack has settled in now, it's lovely to see them learning so much so quickly isn't it?
    Emma xx
  • Hi Em. My son started a new nursery seven days ago and he is doing really well. I feel guilty feeling happy that he is extending his hours all the time, from 1 hour to 5 today but I am pregnant and due any time realistically, so I need the time to relax and put my feet up and mentally prepare myself for the birth. I am certainly finding it harder than he is!
  • Sounds like you are doing well Nicolette! I couldn't wait for Sophie to start nursery, I felt really bad but I really needed to spend some time with William! It was great as I had been suffering post natal depression so I felt that William really hadn't had any special 'Mummy' time!
    When are you due? I think it's great that your son has started nursery before the birth, it gives him time to settle!

Enjoy putting your feet up while you can!

x
  • Hi Em. I am not due until March 8th but Bon was born early and the chances are that I won't go full term, but I might. The nursery saga started back in September when we put him in another local school's nursery class but it was a total disaster. I hope it isn't too close to the birth now for him to try and connect the two.
  • I have school age children. They are in yr7, yr4 and reception. I had my little girl starting reception on the same day my son went to senior school for the first time. I was a gibbering wreck!!!

Nicolette I had a prem baby at 32 weeks and the bay that followed was stubborn and was born at 39+4!!!
  • It was Jack's first day back from half term today and he went back no problem which i was so relieved about. Did all yours go off ok??
  • sophie went back last week, and had a training day on the monday - she was gutted, she missed school so much! How's Jack getting on? Sophie's loving it, but the teachers are driving me crazy!!
  • I'm just posting to say "where has the year gone!!??" Jack breaks up for whitsun on friday, when he goes back it's his last half term then he has done his first school year. I really can't believe it.

Zoe xx
  • You're right Zoe - look how long since I started this post! Our two were only one term into their first year and now they are heading for year one!
  • OMG I was just thinking that as I was looking through the start of 06 babies about jack's first day at school!!!!!!!!!!
  • oh where does the time go??? I can't believe it, Tate's at nursery luka's nearly one...maybe thats why im broody!
  • That will be nice though Mel as you will be able to have some one on one time with your new baby.
  • I just can't believe its nearly the end of the school year!!!
  • Bethany is in yr 4, she is 9 and Rowen is in Year 2 (will start Juniors in Sept) he is 7. They go to a nice Church of England Primary school.