Forum home Family life & relationships Single parents

Hi... pregnant and alone

Hi everyone!

well where to start.... My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months... he is 23 and I am 21. About 3 weeks ago we found out I am pregnant. Obviously it was not planned but I want to keep the baby.

I am about 7 weeks atm so its early days but I went for a scan yesterday and everything is as it should be so far, with a good strong heartbeat.

Here is the problem... I am so in love with my bf, I really am and I want us to be one happy family... but.. we have had a rocky relationship from the start and have broken up and got back together twice in the three weeks since we found out I am pregnant. He is not excited about the baby is is not at all supportive, From little things like not giving me a hug when I am feeling ill to bigger problems like not wanting to move in with me when the baby is born. I love him but am so unhappy as though I want to be with him, I also want the fairytale and well... I am never going to get that from him. He suffers from depression, also likes to drink a lot and lie to me... I found messages he had sent one of his friends calling me a psycho which really hurt.

He/ I live in birmingham and my family are in manchester which is another complication... I am terrified to stay with him trying to make it work for him to then leave me after baby is born and me be stuck here alone....

where as my family are in manchester so I know if I was there I would have support no matter what...

would you stick around and try to make things work with the father, or would you move back to be near my family??? advice please.

Lucretia x:\?