Forum home Family life & relationships Single parents

Pregnant and alone

Hi everyone

I am 16 weeks pregnant and my partner has decided that he isnt ready for a baby (he has been distant since we found out I was pregnant but made the final break this week). I am completely devastated and scared what the future holds. I have a supportive family but I've never felt more alone in my life.

my friends are wonderful but they have their own lives and can't really understand how I'm feeling, as much as they try. I just wonder if there is anyone out there who has been or is in the same situation? Xxx

Replies

• Hi Minky1983 - and welcome to MadeForMums!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

So sorry to hear about your partner - that must be very hard for you. I can even begin to understand how alone you must feel now.

It's great to hear you have a supportive family. Do lean on them. And do give yourself time. You've got a lot of pregnant weeks ahead of you – plenty of time to get more used to doing this baby this on your own. And there are lots of other women out there – some of them posting on here – who've done it and managed it, and loved it, before you! You will be fine, and you will be a great mum.

Do please keep posting here. There are some great women on these Chat boards who offer the most amazing support and friendship.