Forum home Family life & relationships Single parents
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Doing it alone

Hi I'm 10 wks with my first baby. I'm almost 33 years old and have tried for many years to concieve. Relationship broke up and I feel pregnant on a one night stand.  Farther wants nothing to do with baby. I'm so worried about doing this alone. I have no family (they've all past) I have very few friends mostly males (moved around alot due to being an army wife) no partner. I'm so worried I can't do this lone. I'm going to have to give birth alone. I won't have a sitter ever. I'm so afraid. And won't ever be able to meet anyone in the future as il have no one to have my baby for me. I just wonder how I will cope alone with no support. How il cope through labour. I love this baby already but I'm terrified iv suffered depression for years and I'm scared they will take my baby away as I have no help at all. 

Replies

• I went through my pregnancy alone too, my daughters father was horrible! I was 17, he was 18. We’re now 18&19. We have no contact, he refuses to acknowledge that he has a daughter, eventually you will have to work etc and you will eventually be able to pay for a babysitter say 1 Saturday a month? You need you time aswell, even if it’s just a bath or a nap! make time for you. It’s not as bad when it seems, and remain calm to avoid a stressed baby, message me if you need anything 😘