Forum home Family life & relationships Single parents

Did I cross a line I shouldn't of have crossed?

So my dad and my mom are separated since I was like 10 years old. I don't see my dad often, but he came down from New York to take me on a college tour so that I can start thinking where I want to go when I graduate next year. So last week we were at the hotel and I went and took a shower and when I came out I remembered I had not taken my clothes in with me, so i wrapped myself in a towel and walked out to get my stuff. As I am getting my stuff from my bag, my dad says: "What's the big deal, just change here. I'm your dad, it's not like if you are in front of a stranger." I though about for a minute, and then I thought "Oh what the heck, he is my dad" and I got rid of the towel and then changed without caring what he saw. Now I feel guilty, or I don't know what I feel. I just feel that I should have done it, or I don't know. Can someone help.

Replies

• He didn´t try anything. I can´t think he had dirty thoughts about you if you are referring to that. This is the problem with today´s world. We all think that all of the people around are dirty or perverse. He made you, because of him you have a life now. How is possible to think of him in such a way? You should check your mindset because as far as I see, there was nothing wrong about what your father had said.