Forum home Family life & relationships Single parents
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is there any help - very lonely and struggling

My baby is 2 in oct and i haven't heard from my health visitor since she was 9months old. I don't have any friends or family and that's not an exaggeration. Im lonely, really alone, her dad left us im Feb and as my daughter develops into a toddler Im struggling and struggling more with my life. 

Im on antidepressants and had therapy. I despise mum and baby groups

I was wondering if i was still able to see a health visitor ? Or any sort os support similar to that?

Thanks

Replies

• Maybe if you call your health visitor and request for her to come and see you she would or even if she didn't could give you advice on what to do next. I am positive they get a lot of single parents with the same issue.

Another option is to get out there and make some friends in the same predicament as you - you feel alone but so do they and therefore your not as you already have something in common.

I hope this helps!!

• Thank you, do you know how i contact her? I have no information for her.

Ive tried making friends afew times now its not worked out well :/ one ended in an argument 

• If baby/toddler groups aren't your thing maybe try joining a group for yourself? I know it can be hard I've been in the same place as you when my oldest was a baby. I was living alone didn't really talk to my family unless I had to and a lot of my friends ditched me when I had him. But i got to the point where i didn't want to live like that anymore so I got my son into a nursery. I know that isn't always an option but if your wanting to make friends and be more social maybe try joining a group where you feel better and take making new friends slow if there are arguments try to work things out. Or try reaching out to old friends you never know things might work out. 

As for the health visitor ring your doctors they will have the information for you to get in touch with them. If they dont cover you anymore they maybe able to come out and offer you advice on where to go and who to talk to. 

I know you must be feeling lost and alone and its a hard place to be in but keep your chin up and keep fighting. Its hard but it will be worth it when you see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

And you always have the advice of the many many parents on here to offer advice. 

Let me know how you get on 

Best of luck xx

• I dont have any childcare whatsoever and i cant affort to put her into nursey just yet.

My friends speak to me online every day but it's not really the same plus its something om sick of. And these arguments were bad and i tried my best but some people just arent meant to be friends i suppose. 

I'll call my doctors Tuesday 

Thank you x x x 

• How did you get on?

• Hi @ Pollymolly,
    This is indeed a sad story. Maybe you need to share more details about the father to help us figure out how best you could be assisted. The dad left in February right? Did he notify you of the intention to leave? Is it that he is a way for some time and you expect him back, or he has deserted you and your daughter? Note that it is normal for a single parent to struggle. That is what parenthood is all about so as long as the struggle can put food on your table, I don’t see a good reason why you should regret. After all, it is the joy of every parent when they see that their kids are well fed and kept. That is life otherwise it will not have any meaning if there is no one to care for. So as far as I am concerned, you should take it positively and set goals that you can meet given the prevailing situation. I would also like to advise you not to despise baby groups. Make an effort to join them since they will help you learn how to cope with your situation.