Forum home Product Tests Site questions & suggestions

How do you use Chat? Do you check out Latest Posts? Please come and tell us!

Replies

• Hi MFM, I found you from Google when I asked a question about faint bfps 

I try to check the due date thread I joined everyday just to keep upto date with the other ladies but if I have time I check the latest posts too

Tbh its not that often I check my emails as itsbon a secondary account and I usually forget lol

I think it's a great site and helpful to me and so many others, I wish I had known you all when I had my mmc last yr, I think I would have dealt alot better with the whole thing knowing other ladies were there with me too! They defo helped in those first month's of pregnancy lol

• I didn't so much find mfm as got migrated across from Baby Expert.

I tend to get prompted to log on by email  notifications.

I tend to visit my followed threads first (Due in sept 15 & Sept 15 babies)

Once I've looked at my followed threads I sometimes have a nosey at latest posts if I have a spare 10 minutes. 

• Hi. 

I first found the site when researching coming off the pill (cerezette) and found a very good forum which i read from start to finish (it's a very long thread!) and then started joining in. I got the idea to use the fertility friend app to chart my temperature from one of the other posters and found that I conceived pretty quickly due to the ability to pinpoint the day I would ovulate. I then flipped over to the baby due in January 16 thread and also the belfie  thread. 

I dont get the notifications but tend to look at the thread nearly every day to see the new posts and bake a few comments now and then on how I'm getting along with the pregnancy. 

I ocxasionslly have a look at the latest threads at the bottom if there's a topic that interests me. 

• Hey everyone! 

1) like many others I found mfm's during a Google search (Was baby expert back then) I was trying to conceive and thought I might pick up some tips as had been trying for 9 months. I read someone on here I hadn't tried before and bingo it worked!! 

2) I tend to check the site most days. Nothing prompts me to do it I think it just became habit after spending 9 months talking to the lovely ladies in due in Jan 15 birth club. After 9 months of chatting to them its now routine :)

3) veryyyyy rarely check out the rest of the site. If I'm honest I forget there is a whole site to be explored and not just our birth club to speak too. I promise to get better at checking it out and helping other ladies out!

4) as I said above I don't check out other threads since I became pregnant and had my daughter. I used to read the ttc and pregnancy threads. I'll try and look at them more often.

• 1. I first used BabyExpert in 2009 then it got merged and became MadeforMums :D every time i'm pregnant I like being in the "due in..." group.

2. I never get email notifications- no idea why not- I've ticked the box, honest! I check the followed threads to see if any replies have been made, then check out the latest posts- have a fair amount of experience being pregnant now that I like to reassure/advise where I can lol

3. Mostly I keep up to date with the "Due in.." group (April for me) then I usually read through the most active threads and if i'm online for a while I'll venture over to latest posts. I do browse through toddler and the older kids threads but they're very quiet!

4. I follow on Twitter so when I see an interesting story I click from there- sometimes I haven't been able to find the story just by being on the site- weird lol. Usually I just keep clicking on the topics that seem interesting to me :D

• Hi ☺️

1. I first bumped into your Facebook page, had a look around and created an account here. 

2. I usually check the chat while I nurse my little one. You never know what you find or you could help someone with an advice or just a virtual hug. 😊

3. I usually check the threads which concern me and my situation at the moment ☺️

4. I always check the latest on threads, I think it's a good idea being able to check the latest, and I always find something interesting that I probably wouldn't have found if not checking the latest section. ☺️

Keep up the good work! I always check your reviews before buying anything for my little one (e.g. car seats, cloth diapers).

Xxx

• I too joined up when mfm was be. I was looking for support on google following my mc and tge tgread popped up on google. I made some firm friends on our thread and we too now have a facebook group and meet up. (Its easier to chat on fb than here sometimes. Ilovemygirls, sweetjudy, evesmum are a few in our group.) 

I generally only log on when i get an email. I do read up on what people are up to but dont post much now. 

Because i dont post much i dont generally hang out anywhere but lately its been the due oct 15 thread as ive just had my 2nd wee boy. 

I do read up on recent discussions etc and apply for the comps ss and when im on. Xx

• Thanks Linzimina - and congrats on the birth of your baby!

We love that you're in our Due in Oct Birth Club (hang in there for the Oct Babies club!) but obviously very, very sad that your previous birth club decamped to Facebook. We'd love to know why you find it easier to chat there, if you don't mind us asking?

• I was part of the ttc after mc threads and then once i had my first i stopped using be. I happened to pop on and supastar had mailed me asking to join their fb group. I stopped coming on here as much because i was busy being a new mum and because the site used to shut down on me a lot on my mobile. Or id write a whole screed of stuff then id hit post and it would be deleted instead which was very frustrsting. It doesnt seem to happen now though. I also think because most people are popping on and off of facebook throughout the day its easier to catch notifications and chat. Whereas i know i dont always get my email notifications so it can be hours or days later that i get an email saying someone has replied on mfm. 

Also if your not on here for a few days trawling through the pages to catch up with comments can become a hassle but thats the difference between forums and social media sites. 

Xx

• However i know that the girls still use mfm so they are still lurking xx

• Thanks so much Linzimina - that's really useful.

Hope you know how much better the site is on mobile now – and how it doesn't just delete your posts any more! 

Are your email notifications still slow? If so, we can take a look at that because they shouldn't be.

And we totally get your point about trawling through pages to catch up. Would it be better if we could give you a kind of 'bookmark' option, so you can mark where you've got to on a thread before you leave, and it takes you right back to that point when you come back another day or time?

• Helen does this site have an App? Or any plans to have one?

• We don't have any app plans at the moment, Essie86

Would it make a big difference to you if we did? We'd love to know!

• I would love it. I used to use another forum (I know I'm a bad egg!) and I thought it was really easy to navigate and very popular. I don't use it now because there were some really nasty ladies in it xx

• Yeh an app and bookmark would be great. That way users could pick up where they left off instead of like me giving up going through all the posts xxx

• Yeah it does appear to be much better on mobile and i think it could be my phone with the email notifications plus i dont always check my email multiple times a day xxx

• Great - this is all really useful to know. Thank you. 

We can't promise an app anytime soon (sorry), as they take AGES to build. But we definitely hear that you'd like one!

And bookmarks: we'll look into that for sure.

If you have any other suggestions/ideas, do please tell us! We very much want any changes we make in the forum to be shaped by all of you.

• I'm 6 weeks pregnant but when I went scan nurse  said my baby stop growing I should be 7 weeks now so she gave me next scan 

• Hi akther - and welcome to MadeForMums. Sorry to hear what your nurse said to you. Hope your next scan brings more positive news.

We just wanted to let you know that you happened to post on a discussion thread about how folks found our forum, and how often they use it. You may find you get more replies if you post in our Pregnancy topic. Hope so! (And so shout if you're having any trouble finding your way around.)

Wishing you all the best with your next scan.

• Thank you to everyone who's posted on this thread. Your comments are really helpful and we particularly appreciate the lovely things some of you have said about how much this place means to you :)

DanielleMFM has reminded me that, in my opening post, I mentioned something about rustling up some prizes. Sorry, I completely forgot about that!

When I'm next in the office (I'm not today or tomorrow), I'm going to have a little rummage in our prize cupboard and see what I can find. So watch this space!

And if, in the meantime, you have any other comments, suggestions or questions about MadeForMums Chat, please do post away. We'd love to hear them.