Forum home Product Tests Site questions & suggestions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Email notifications/alerts about replies to a thread: are you getting them?

Hello everyone.

We wanted to ask you all if you're getting email notifications when someone else has posted on a Chat thread you're on?

Also, do you get notifications when someone posts on a thread you're following – but not posting replies on?

Sorry for all the Qs but we've been working away to make notifications work again as it seems there's a bug in the system and we've spotted a few posts saying notifications aren't coming through any more.

So, ANYTHING you can tell us here about how notifications are working for you - or not! - would be incredibly useful.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• Hi Danielle :-) 

I don't get email notifications anymore when someone comments on a thread I'm following - for example, in the 'Due in April 2017' one. I thought it was just me!! 

x

• I'm not getting notificiations either to say someone has commented on threads. Like that thought it was my email

• I'm not getting notifications....just checked my profile as I thought it was me. I've only just joined a thread.

• Hi everyone, thanks so much for replying and letting us know. 

Sorry about the notifications system not working - we are working on it and hopefully we'll have things back to normal asap! We'll keep you posted (please do check latest posts so you can see which threads of yours have been replied to)

• I just received an email notification, so seems to be working now?

• Oh that's great news, boobie19! Looks like our tech team's fix has worked. Hurrah!

Hopefully they're working for everyone else too?

• I just got a notification to say there'd been a post on this thread - so all seems better! 

• Hi everyone, we've had a few reports that notifications, when someone replies to a thread you're following, aren't coming through - please can you let us know if you're not getting notifications, and if so, who is your email provider (like Gmail or Hotmail). 

Thank you very much.